National Recognition to Assam Agriculture :
The continuous thrust given by the Government in the Agriculture Sector has yielded in higher productivity and production of different crops. This encouraging trend achieved by the State has been duly recognized by Government of India. The State has been rewarded as -
- ‘BEST PERFORMING STATE UNDER NFSM’ in 2009-10 amongst seven Eastern Zone States, viz. West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Eastern Uttar Pradesh & Assam.
- ‘HIGHEST RANKED STATE’ amongst Category-II States, viz. Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Uttrakhand, Jammu & Kashmir and Assam in 2011.
- ‘MOST IMPROVED BIG STATE’ by the India Today Group in 2011 for its significant achievements in the Agriculture Sector.
- ‘KRISHI KARMAN AWARD’ for three consecutive years for significant increase in production and productivity of Pulses in 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14.
- ‘KRISHI KARMAN AWARD’ for Oil Seeds production and productivity under NMOOP in the year 2016-17.
- ‘BEST EMERGING STATE IN AGRICULTURAL GROWTH’ award by India Today group in the year 2017